Monday, October 1, 2012

Inescapable

Review: Inescapable By Amy A. Bartol

Inescapable (The Premonition, #1)
Title: Inescapable
Series: The Premonition Series
Book#: 1
Pages: 392
Author: Amy A. Bartol
Publisher: CreateSpace
Rating: Photobucket

My name is Evie Claremont and this was to be the making of me--my freshman year of college. I had been hoping that once I had arrived on Crestwood's campus, the nightmare that I've been having would go away. It hasn't.
I may be an inexperienced seventeen-year-old, but I'm grounded...sane. Since meeting sophomore Reed Wellington, however, nothing makes any sense. Whenever he is near, I feel an attraction to him--a magnetic kind of force pulling me towards him. I know what you're thinking...that sounds fairly awesome. Yeah, it would--if he liked me, but Reed acts as if I'm the worst thing that's ever happened to Crestwood...or him. But, get this, for some reason every time I turn around he's there, barging into my life.
What is the secret he is keeping from me? I'm hoping that it is anything but what I expect: that he is not exactly normal...and neither am I. So maybe Crestwood won't be the making of me, but it could be the breaking of me. I have been left to wonder if the dark future my dream is foretelling is...inescapable.



My Thoughts:
    At first I had doubts about this book, I have read many books with a love triangle. But I thought what the hell why not read it? I have the book already in my hand. So that's what I did. And I fell in LOVE with this book. The characters are very well portrayed. It was about angels and I like the fact that they don't make the angels all lovey dopey, they are fierce in this book and have a kind of coldness that you don't expect even with the good angels. I was torn between both Reed and Russel but since the beginning I felt something more for Reed. So I am team Reed. The only problems I had with this book was Evie's naivety. I hate that she doesn't question Reed, it's like "Oh yeah you're a guy that can do creepy things that's awesome", if I had been her I would have been terrified. But Evie just takes it in like if it is a normal thing that angels exist. The other thing that annoyed me was the grammar. Especially because it was on purpose, Russel's southern drawl annoyed me big time. But overall it was a really good book with many twists and turns that I did not expect. I can't wait to read the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment