Saturday, November 17, 2012

Unspoken

Review: Unspoken By Sarah Rees Brennan
Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)
Title: Unspoken
Series: The Lynburn Legacy 
Book#: 1
Pages: 370
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan 
PublisherRandom House Books
Rating: Photobucket

Kami Glass loves someone she’s never met . . . a boy she’s talked to in her head ever since she was born. She wasn’t silent about her imaginary friend during her childhood, and is thus a bit of an outsider in her sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. Still, Kami hasn’t suffered too much from not fitting in. She has a best friend, runs the school newspaper, and is only occasionally caught talking to herself. Her life is in order, just the way she likes it, despite the voice in her head.

But all that changes when the Lynburns return.

The Lynburn family has owned the spectacular and sinister manor that overlooks Sorry-in-the-Vale for centuries. The mysterious twin sisters who abandoned their ancestral home a generation ago are back, along with their teenage sons, Jared and Ash, one of whom is eerily familiar to Kami. Kami is not one to shy away from the unknown—in fact, she’s determined to find answers for all the questions Sorry-in-the-Vale is suddenly posing. Who is responsible for the bloody deeds in the depths of the woods? What is her own mother hiding? And now that her imaginary friend has become a real boy, does she still love him? Does she hate him? Can she trust him?


My Thoughts:
   It has been a while since I have read a YA book that has me laughing so hard that my parents are wondering if I have gone crazy. This book is hilarious! For some reason I thought this book was going to be all dark and mysterious. Well it does have its mysterious parts but still it's funny. The characters are all unique and they contribute to the story, they're not like other characters that are just there. The plot is really unique, the girl talks to a guy since she was little in her mind! how can it not get better or creepier than that? I like the fact that Kami is not a defenseless girl scared of everything. She is funny, she knows what she wants and she won't let anything get in her way of getting it (not even two hot guys). The book does not have "I love you more than the universe" or sappy moments. It is 370 pages of pure epicness. Now the only thing that I hate about the book (gasp! I hate something about the book?) is the ending!!! That cliffhanger literally killed me! well it didn't really killed me, but it did broke a little piece of my heart. I can't wait to read the sequel, I just want the book in my hands like right NOW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment