Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #6

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm eagerly anticipating....

From Goodreads: 
A flash of white light . . . and then . . . nothing. 

When sixteen-year-old Kyra Agnew wakes up behind a Dumpster at the Gas ’n’ Sip, she has no memory of how she got there. With a terrible headache and a major case of déjà vu, she heads home only to discover that five years have passed . . . yet she hasn’t aged a day. 

Everything else about Kyra’s old life is different. Her parents are divorced, her boyfriend, Austin, is in college and dating her best friend, and her dad has changed from an uptight neat-freak to a drunken conspiracy theorist who blames her five-year disappearance on little green men. 

Confused and lost, Kyra isn’t sure how to move forward unless she uncovers the truth. With Austin gone, she turns to Tyler, Austin’s annoying kid brother, who is now seventeen and who she has a sudden undeniable attraction to. As Tyler and Kyra retrace her steps from the fateful night of her disappearance, they discover strange phenomena that no one can explain, and they begin to wonder if Kyra’s father is not as crazy as he seems. There are others like her who have been taken . . . and returned. Kyra races to find an explanation and reclaim the life she once had, but what if the life she wants back is not her own?

Why I'm Waiting?

Because the cover is gorgeous! You know that quote "don't judge a book by it's cover" well let me tell you that I do! Like 95% of the time I read a book because of it's cover haha, the other 5% because someone forced me into reading the book. Anyways this book sounds really interesting! Although I'm guessing it's going to be about aliens, I have to admit I don't like to read alien books but since this sounds really good I'll give it a try haha!:)


  1. I've always meant to read The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting, but have never gotten around to it! Memory loss seems to be quite the trend in YA these days, so it'll be interesting to see how this does. Great post!

    1. I agree with you! memory loss is the trend haha
      I've got dozens of books that I need to read
      I just can't find the time to read them all!:O

  2. I'm not into alien novels either, but this does sound like a great read. My sister loved Kimberly Derting's The Body Finder series, so The Taking must be another winner.

    Great post! I hope you can stop by my WoW post. Happy reading : )
    -Leslie (Michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks)