Monday, October 1, 2012

Fated

Review: Fated By Alyson Noel

Fated (Soul Seekers, #1)
Title: Fated
Series: The Soul Seekers
Book#: 1
Pages: 352
Author: Alyson Noel
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Rating: Photobucket.5

Until now, he's existed only in her dreams -
but fate is about to bring them together.
I shove through the crowd, knocking into girls and bouncing off boys, until one in particular catches me, steadies me.
I feel so secure, so at home in his arms.
I melt against his chest-lift my gaze to meet his. Gasping when I stare into a pair of icy blue eyes banded by brilliant flecks of gold that shine like kaleidoscopes, reflecting my image thousands of times.
The boy from my dream.
The one who died in my arms.



My Thoughts:
   So the book started of slow and it took me awhile to get into it. At first I didn't like Daire she seemed a bit conceited and selfish. I guess the conceited part because she is seeing that famous boy. And she is kind of selfish in giving a big tantrum when her mother send her to her grandmother. Doesn't she grasp that she is putting her mother and other people in danger because of her crazy outbursts? But as the book continued I got into it. I like the characters, they are well written. Cade is a bratty antagonist which makes him interesting, and Dace is just lovely. I like how Daire doesn't throw herself at Dace, like most girls do in other books. Their love develops slowly and that's what is so captivating about their relationship. I also like that Daire is so focused on what needs to be done. Another thing that I like is that when she is told the truth about who she is she denies it but then get on board with it. I guess she takes it on well because of her background, since little she has had to move on a lot so she has to adapt quickly. The plot is also original, I like how Alyson Noel explored both cultures of the Native Americans and the Hispanics. It turned out to be a really good book and I can't wait to read the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment